Monday, February 2, 2009

Stuff and stuff . . .

Q: Are you training deaf kids as in ESL students or is your new companion deaf (or some other meaning)?
A: My companion, the guy I'm with all the time, is deaf, as in he can't hear anything and doesn't make word noises with his mouth.

Q: Have to admit that I chuckled when I read that you had slept through your stop - how many were with you? Did you mean Selenge the city or Selenge the aimag?
A: There were three of us, and the actual city name is Sukhbaatar I think.

So anyways, wandered around and found people all week, got 9 investigators this week, so that's pretty good. My companion has this beautiful thought that everything on his mission is going to be perfect from the very start still, so a lot of the hard parts are a shock to him, but he takes the bumps pretty well.

As far as language goes, it’s getting pretty good, I've gone from comprehending nothing to understanding my companion when he that he thought one of the zone leaders looked like Pippen riding on one of the Ents from The Lord of the Rings.

Had an interview with President Andersen, which was cool. Translated my companion’s interview, that was hard. President told my companion I was one of the most different/unique elders in the mission, which was funny.

Uh, and then stuff and stuff. . . .

Anyways my camera is still busted so here’s something random.

No comments:

Post a Comment